Environmental Impact of a Waterless Car Wash
Most car washes use vast quantities of water as they drown the bodywork in water and soap to remove as much dirt as possible (and as fast as possible!).
Do you know how much water is used to wash a sedan?
Hose and bucket wash at home
This method uses 300 – 400 L of water per wash and you end up discharging all the harsh chemicals to the environment.
Commercial car wash
Most commercial car washes use up to 45 gallons of water per wash. However, car washers reclaim most of that water.
Waterless car wash
Want to know the best part? : A waterless car wash just requires 4 – 6 oz (100/200ml) of waterless car wash formula used per car and a couple of buckets of water. In the cases where the car is caked in mud, you require an additional gallon of water.
Minimizing Our Environmental Footprint
PureWax is passionate about reducing our environmental impact. We make the most sustainable choices possible and we take pride in our range being kind to the planet:
- Our PureWax Range is VOCC (Volatile Organic Compound Compliant).
- Our PureWax Waterless Wash / Detail has helped save the thousands of litres of water used for a comparable wash with water (saving between 10-100L per wash).
- All of our bottles are 100% recyclable.
- Unless absolutely necessary, our bottle preference is Non Aerosol.
- Our PureWax Waterless Wash / Detail is endorsed by Smart Approved Watermark which was established by the Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) to help reduce the water consumption per capita.